U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 16-year-old female asked:

Went to orthopaedic doctor for ankle pain that often 9/10from injury 5 yrs ago. he said its soft tissue damage and take motrin for it-no help.surgery?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 31 years experience
Need more: If your pain is in the 9-10 at times, 5 years after an ankle injury, you likely need a more specific diagnosis than "soft tissue damage". If you have nay had further studies such as an MRI and/or a ct scan these studies can often give much more information about the cause of your problem than a simple X-ray. Don't hesitate to seek a second opinion.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 12, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.