U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old male asked:

Small tender bump on the top of my head that i think i received from hitting it. now it left a bald spot the size of a dime. will my hair grow back?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ira Friedlander
Cardiac Electrophysiology 44 years experience
Potentially you will: not regrow your hair there. It would be appropriate to see a dermatologist for an evaluation of the area as you may not have the diagnosis correct. There are other potentially reversible causes for this kind of hairloss besides trauma.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 15, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.