U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old male asked:

I have been suffering from intense anxiety, ocd and ptsd for several years. how can i get rid of this problem.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
OCD & PTSD: You need support as you deal w/this. Please get a local or HealthTap clinical psychologist who specializes in OCD and/or PTSD to help you. See a book called "The Boy who couldn't stop Washing" by Rappaport for some self-help. You are not "crazy" but are dealing w/trauma and a neurological situation. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 2, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.