U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

I m suffering from severe obsessions,harm ocd,ptsd,social phobia,and some symptomsof gad its ruining my daily lyf how to manage tel me best therapy?

2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
You need the help: of a mental health professional. Medication is not the entire answer but some antidepressants help OCD. Start w/your doc and please don't stop until you find someone to help. You are young and that is on your side. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology 29 years experience
1st: OCD w/CBT & ERP: Suggest finding a caring mental health professional who is very well versed in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) & a specialized form of it called Exposure & Response Prevention (ERP). I'd recommend starting w/ tackling the OCD - esp as you are experiencing harm OCD which can be terrifying. To get a sense of how these therapies can help OCD - esp the harm form- see iocdf.org & ocdla.com.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 1, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.