U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

My husband(age69) has what appears to be a broken blood vessel or clot on the middle of the bottom of his foot. has moderate pain when he stands or walks. he has also had some vein issues on this same leg and a sore knee. where should we go from here?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urgent Care 20 years experience
Ortho consult: 69 year old gentleman with ecchymosis on bottom of foot, moderate pain standing or walking, unknown onset, location, and duration of pain. Also c/o pain in knee and possible venous issues of unknown type. You should visit an orthopaedic surgeon for a medical history and physical exam. The orthopaedic surgeon can perform imaging of your husband's lower extremity and evaluate any problems. Good luck

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 16, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.