Er past 2 days llq pain/nausea. ct w/ contrast: 20.5cm liver, small umbilical hernia, diverticulosis not -litis. u/s norm uterus, l ovary 15.8ml; r ovary 8.1ml. normal labs. bp 160/98 hr 121. sent home w/zofran. pain/nausea today. what's going on?

5 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Hard to say: Without a hands on review of all history & a physical exam it is not realistic to speculate. BP is high, likely from stress. It is apparent they could not find something that requires surgery & you were stable enough not to require hospitalization. It would be good to see your regular doc who could either sort it out or arrange for consultation with those more able to (than ER docs)

Answered 6/24/2017

648 views

LLQ pain: If there is persistent llq pain, and especially if there is associated llq tenderness, I would recommend hospitalization and treatment for presumed diverticulitis. At the same time I would request a consultation from a gynecologist to check for pelvic, especially left ovarian, pathology.

Answered 6/26/2017

648 views

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Nausea / pain LLQ: Are ovaries 15 ml or cm? CM is how we describe size. If 15 cm that is large-consider transvaginal U/S or review CT with respect to polycsytic ovarian syndrome. Check for UTI and vaginitis- as vaginitis can causie pain / nausea;responds to antibiotics that cover mycoplasma/ureoplasma BP is high as is HR -check EKG. r/o POTS, thyroid, androgen issues f/u/ w/ cardiology, endocrine and gyn.

Answered 3/12/2020

648 views

Metlemeierz : Needs menstrual history to confirm. Endometriosis under consideration determined by disease course in relation to menstrual cycle. Calls for another follow up visit with primary physician.Bowel habits changes? If so Colonoscopy is in order. If nothing else sought and symptoms are progressing, diagnostic laparoscopy is indicated.

Answered 6/26/2017

648 views