A male asked:

after 66 hours of amoxicillin for strep throat is it safe to kiss my girlfriend? my throat is still a little sore but i feel a ton better as a whole.

2 doctor answers
Dr.
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Give it a week: Would wait longer 1-2 weeks as you do not want ot give her the bug. If you are still symptomatic would she want to kiss you anyway?
Answered on Jun 11, 2017
Dr. Jennifer Atkins
11 years experience Pediatrics
Not recommended : Even though your are less contagious after being on antibiotics for 24 hours, I would wait until the symptoms have resolved and the amoxicillin has been completed. This would give the lowest chance of passing on your infection to any close contacts like your girlfriend.
Answered on Jun 8, 2017