United Kingdom

Two small lymph nodes movable above my collar bone (right side) i really need to tilt my head in a suitable position to palpate them. is it normal?

Dr.
Changing?: 'Reactive lymph nodes' is the term we use for nodes that swell in response to something like an infection. These should appear but then regress over a matter of weeks. If the swellings you have described are not regressing then it would be sensible to have them checked as there is a wide range of other possible causes to consider.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Daniel Greenfield
Need more info: everyone has a chain of lymph nodes in that area, so it is potentially normal to have small palpable lymph nodes in the area you described- however we would need more information regarding the size and consistency of them and if they are tender to say for sure they are normal
Last updated Nov 28, 2017