U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Overland Park, KS
A 33-year-old male asked:

Curious if i can get help for probably bipolar 2 or if i have to wait the several weeks to see a psychiatrist...was taken off depression mess because of too much mania. pretty sure i have adhd too; disorganized, jump from hobby to hobby quickly, can conc

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Judith Tellerman
Clinical Psychology 43 years experience
BIPOLAR: You shouldn't have to wait so long and you don't have to wait weeks - just go to the emergency room and a consulting Psychiatrist will help you. It is important to find the correct combination of medications with your Psychiatrist. But medications alone are not sufficient because they do not teach you coping mechanisms for stress. Psychotherapy with a Clinical Psychologist can help.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 16, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.