ZA

I have been hospitalised three times and my psychiatrist does not ever commit to a diagnosis even though my chronic care application is for bipolar mood disorder. i sometimes (rarely) get euphoric and inspired but i am mostly severely depressed.

Dr. Elizabeth Finley-Belgrad
Child Psychiatry 35 years experience
Can be confusing: Bipolar disorder is a combination of depression and mania or hypomania. You only need 1 manic episode for a dx of bipolar disorder(in contrast to depression that is recurrent depression without any mania or hypomania) if you had been euphoric but the symptoms were not long enough or severe enough to qualify for a dx of biploar disorder the dx would be bipolar II.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 4, 2019