I've had a small bump at the heel of my left foot for a long time. it never hurt, but now it is giving me slight pain. im not sure if it's my shoes?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Haglund's deformity.: Small bumps on the back of the heel can be caused by one of several different conditions, ranging from a wart to an underlying bone growth. The fact that shoes could be starting to cause irritation is a sign that you need to have the heel evaluated. A simple visual examination along with a possible x-ray may all that is necessary in making a definitive diagnosis and advice on treatment.

Last updated Feb 11, 2020