so i was told i have a sinus infection by the er 4 days ago... now ive got what looks like a black eye closes to my nose.. is that normal?? right in the corner of my nose and under just a little and on my eye lid...

3 doctor answers
Dr. Edward Workman
Specializes in Pain Management
Its turned bacterial: It sounds as if you have a typical viral sinus infection diagnosed at the ER; now its progressed into the adjacent sinus cavities. If you were started on an antibiotic, then you need one from a different family. If you weren't started on an antibiotic then you need to be started on one. Go back to the ER or your PCP.
Answered on May 9, 2017
1
Dr. Jose Prieto-hernandez
36 years experience Infectious Disease
Danger Sign?: Go to ER for Emergency evaluation and treatment! Black skin lesions in the face are not normal and sometimes point to fungal invasive infections that are serious and need immediate treatment in the hospital!
Answered on Jun 11, 2017
1
Dr. Karen Dantin
Check it out: Is it painful? Running fever? Doesn't sound like normal progress of sinus infection. Chelsea it out with your doc
Answered on Mar 13, 2020