I have a lump behind right ear for 1 year. ent described it as a bony mass and recommended biopsy. i declined as hadn't grown much. right decision?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Murray Grossan answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

If this is associated with hearing loss, I STRONGLY recommend a CT scan to see if there is an infection or growth affecting your hearing.

Answered Apr 29, 2017

715 views

Dr. Erik Borncamp answered

Specializes in Wound care

But would need more info. There are bony prominences behind the ear that are normal. Though I'm not sure why ENT would want to biopsy those. If this is a different mass then biopsy would confirm a diagnosis for you. Have you had any imaging. Often a simple X-ray or Ultrasound can help diagnose these. Stability ( no change) over a year is a good sign that it's benign ( but no guarantee )

Answered May 1, 2017

715 views

Dr. Karen Butler answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Best to fill low the recommendation of your doctor since it seems to have grown. Reconsider your decision and go back to doctor

Answered May 1, 2017

714 views