Is it likely that the chronicity of overlap myeloproliferative-myelodysplastic disorder would by itself cause this rising crp (30.5 mg/l 37.8; 54.3 ; 66.0; 110.0; 126.9; 148.5; 89.6; & 147.3)? it will be investigated bit i still desire an opinion now

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Such a rise in crp levels point to an inflammatory process, but I would feel that the myeloproliferative bone marrow disorder or the myelodysplasia would show very active myeloid activity with marked rising white blood cell count and progressive anemia to raise crp to those levels. I would be concerned about an underlying infectious process. However, your hematologist is best qualified to answer.

Answered Apr 11, 2017

734 views