OH
A 20-year-old male asked about a 54-year-old male:

I don't smoke and i don't drink i did a biobsy because i had a white patch inside my mouth cheek result came mild epithelial dysplasia is it cancer?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Epithelial Dysplasia: Epithelial dysplasia is defined as: a disorder of differentiation of epithelial cells which may regress, remain stable, or progress to invasive carcinoma. Simply stated it represents early changes in the cells which may progress to cancer cells. The doctor who gave you the diagnosis should discuss the results with you and also discuss risk factors and monitoring you on a regular basis.
Dr. Robert Douglas
Orthodontics 51 years experience
Epithelial Dysplasia: Is a condition that can lead to cancer but is not cancer. As you don't drink or smoke it may possibly resolve on its own or it may progress. Have an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon examine you and review the Pathologist's report. (S)he will advise you what to do next.

Last updated Mar 22, 2020