I don't smoke and i don't drink i did a biobsy because i had a white patch inside my mouth cheek result came mild epithelial dysplasia is it cancer?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Epithelial dysplasia is defined as: a disorder of differentiation of epithelial cells which may regress, remain stable, or progress to invasive carcinoma. Simply stated it represents early changes in the cells which may progress to cancer cells. The doctor who gave you the diagnosis should discuss the results with you and also discuss risk factors and monitoring you on a regular basis.

Answered Apr 6, 2017

739 views

Dr. Robert Douglas answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Is a condition that can lead to cancer but is not cancer. As you don't drink or smoke it may possibly resolve on its own or it may progress. Have an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon examine you and review the Pathologist's report. (S)he will advise you what to do next.

Answered Mar 22, 2020

738 views