My mother in-law was just diagnosed with brenner's ovarian cancer that has metastasized to her liver. dr. says no treatment available as it's rare?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Julie Abbott answered

Specializes in Preventive Medicine

of the ovary are benign; the diagnosis of a malignant one is very unusual. Certainly the first line of treatment is surgical removal but if there is confirmed evidence (by biopsy) the tumor has spread to the liver then other options come into play. While treatment in this situation is not curative, chemotherapy can offer life extension/quality of life benefits. See an ovarian cancer Oncologist.

Answered Mar 1, 2017

785 views