when i was born, my mother at the age of 40 was told she had ovarian cancer. she opted not to get treatment and died when i was 8 years old at the age of 48 years old.?

Dr. Carol Cheney
Endocrinology 45 years experience
May not be genetic: The type of ovarian cancer that runs in families is associated with specific genes (brac-1 and brac-2). If you do not carry either of those genes your risk for ovarian cancer is likely no different from that in the general population.
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Medical Oncology 35 years experience
See someone: Not sure what your question is but you should visit a health professional with expertise on cancer risk assessment and genetics. He/she will take a good family history and maybe do brca testing.