Philippines

Im 19 and i want to go to the dermatologist and have dermaroller for my acne scars. am i too young to get this thing done on my face? thanks :)

Depends: If you are still dealing with occasional breakouts you may want to delay until the your acne has been gone for a while. Although look at this as a teen issue, many deal with it well into their late 20's or 30's and resurfacing at this point may not give you the long term benefit you would like. An office consultation with a well trained provider to discuss your individual needs would be helpful.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Barry Resnik
Dermatology 33 years experience
Acne scar revision: You should go to a dermatologist who is skilled in acne scar revision. Listen to what he or she says and make your decisions based on that. Don't go with a preconceived choice of treatment, as that might not be the best for your skin.
Pathology 46 years experience
This is very good advice
Feb 26, 2017
Last updated Nov 28, 2017