A member asked:

I have acne scars and don't know where to start with a dermatologist.

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Glenn Messina answered

Specializes in Aesthetic Medicine

If you have your acne under control that's step one, speak to a dermatologist who is involved with laser resurfacing. This type of laser will remove several layers of skin down to the dermis and will allow for the healing to reduce the visability of your scars. The scars normally do not go away 100% but very good results can be accomplished.

Answered Sep 17, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor