Oelwein, IA

I usually take 2, 5/325 of hydrocodone every six hours for severe hip pain. i was in a hurry and accidentally took 3! will i be ok? have high tolerance usually take percocet without the acetaminophen. thanks in advance!

Dr. Abdus Khan
Urgent Care 30 years experience
The dose is close to: High levels. 10 tab of 325 mg acetaminophen makes it more than 3 grams a day and is in high dose range. You took 3 along with your 5 other tab that you take routinely. It makes it 8 tab and about 3 grams. It's not in dangerous range but close to it and you need to skip pain meds for about 8 to 10 hours. Good luck.
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Rheumatology 33 years experience
Should be fine: You accidental extra pill still puts you below the maximum prescribed daily dosages of the Acetaminophen and hydrocodone. My concern would be as to what condition you are being treated for. I would hope other treatment options would exist to help relieve your hip pain besides or in addition to the narcotics?

Last updated Feb 14, 2017