U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A male asked:

Hi i have stye inside in my eye around tear duct what will i do if it rupture then the pus will go into my eye? im so afraid

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 53 years experience
Not to worry: If a stye breaks open, the contents are rapidly flushed out by the eye. Infection beyond the stye would be extremely rare. Just continue to apply heat and keep the eye flushed out and cleansed.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 3, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.