U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Scottdale, PA
A 30-year-old female asked:

It looks as if my daughters upper eyelid is protuding out of her tear duct? there was a pus sac that ruptured beforehand? my five year old daughter has previously had problems with her eyes. she has had 2 surgeries for blocked ducts. the last time her ste

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ridgway
Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery
I : I agree with the previous comment. Your daughter should be seen by a specialist for evaluation and treatment. There appears to be an impasse in the duct and the collection of an active infection. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md.
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 31 years experience
Warm : Warm compresses and artificial tears will be helpful for now. Find a doctor that can see her sooner!
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 34 years experience
I : I would recommend contacting your ophthalmologist as soon as possible. On occasion, I have found that sending photos (via smart phone or email) may beneficial. To deciding on the urgency of treatment.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.