NJ

30 years ago when i was 2, my dad took down our acoustic ceiling which probably had asbestos in it. said it tore some but came off easily.worried sick?

Dr. Jayshree Chander
Holistic Medicine 31 years experience
Worry doesn't help: Are you feeling unwell? Do you have a cough? Are you short of breath? There is no way to assure you without knowing your symptoms and checking for signs of asbestos related disease. However, worrying won't help, it will only make you sick. So try not to worry. Better to schedule a consult with a clinician who can conduct a proper evaluation. Best wishes.
Pathology 44 years experience
Stop worrying: Everybody gets some asbestos exposure during their life. Folks who get chronic respiratory disease or cancer from it have heavy industrial exposure. "Zero-tolerance policies" are about politics (and dirty, at that) rather than science. There's no future in fretting about and avoiding trivial hazards. Embrace life, despite the risks, and may you find happiness.