Lake Oswego, OR

over the past month i have been remodeling a bathroom at a vacant house. after tearing out the ceiling and cleaned everything up i became concerned the insulation material contained asbestos. i had a professional take a look at it today which confirmed it

Some basics: I would consider you exposed.There is a link to a lung disorder called asbestosis & a rare form of lung cancer called mesothelioma. The problem was first noted in those working in industry as insulators who worked with the material 5d/wk for years.You can bring up the potential exposure to your doc on your annual physical, but it is not something I would go in for as it may never give you problems
Pathology 49 years experience
Agree with Dr. F: The latent period for mesothelioma is as long as 30 years and other disorders do manifest sooner. With a single exposure your risk is not that great. Wish you good health!