can of febreeze fell directly on my pinky toe about five hours ago and now it has turned a purple and red color (bottom & inner side of toe). normal?

Dr. Ahimsa porter Sumchai md
Specializes in Sports Medicine
Rule out fracture: The bruising you describe may be the result of soft tissue damage caused by the crush injury to your toe from the blunt trauma of the heavy can. It is important to recognize that one of the signs ER doctors look for in determining whether a fracture has occurred is the presence of early bruising. Seek urgent care and X-ray eval but even if fractured buddy taping, ice and elevation are enough!
Answered on Dec 17, 2016