Chicago, IL

I had an ingrown toenail and tried the nail bracing technique to life it and relieve the pressure. now i have discoloration in the corner of my toe.

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 45 years experience
Separation anxiety.: Discoloring of the nail can be caused by several things. Your history narrows the possibilities. An examination would simplify getting to the real problem. Having said that, more than likely the color change is either due to air getting under the nail or the effects of a fungal infection starting in the corner area of the nail. Both can occur when the plate is separated from the underlying bed.
Last updated Oct 24, 2017