ZA

why am i so prone to ingrown nails on my toes and ingrown cuticles on my fingers? i had the 2 big toenails cut so the puss come out and heal. now i have an ingrown on my finger which is extremely painful. how can i prevent tgis from recurring?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Too short.: Most ingrown nails are a direct consequence to inappropriate trimming of the nails. Cutting the nails too short is a typical finding when treating patients with ingrown nails. I suggest you begin there.
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Agree: With Dr. Keith. Do not cut nails too short and only cut nails across, do not curve your nails to match the shape of the front of your nail. also wear shoes that fit properly