MD

2 years ago, i got my wisdom tooth taken out. my dentist took xrays twice&the oral surgeon took another xray.making it a total of 3. is this too much?

Dr. Gabriel Malouf
Specializes in Dentistry
Take what you need.: It's important to take x-rays to assess your condition and treat it. Different cases require different x-rays. Your description does not sound out of the ordinary and I wouldn't worry. Also, most dental x-rays expose you to LESS radiation than you would get during a normal day. (Think the radiation from living one day longer).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 1, 2016