A 18-year-old female asked:

Good morning doc. i want to know what food with more on calorie i need to take?because as far as i know i need to gain more on calories.thank you doc.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 63 years experience
Dietician: I recommend that you have one visit with a registered dietitian at your hospital. He/she will determine your ideal weight, critique your current eating habits, determine your daily calorie needs taking into consideration your usual level of physical activity and, finally, outline a proper diet for you personally. Food supplements may also be recommended if substantial weight gain is advisable.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 21, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.