I assisted on a surgery & had dry blood on my gloves when i removed them, i may have touched the blood with bare hand. no open wounds. hiv risk?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Was pt HIV positive?: If the patient was not HIV positive, there is no risk. Even if the patient had HIV, the risk is remote to nil. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Drink enough water daily so that your urine is mostly colorless. Practice safe sex. Get HPV vaccine.

Answered 9/23/2016

970 views

No: The blood needs to be injected, even if the patient is very sick with a lot of virus.

Answered 9/24/2016

968 views