my mother in law is undergoing chemotherapy every week for bone cancer final stage. she kisses n hugs my 2 year old son always. is it safe for my son?

3 doctor answers
48 years experience Pathology
Yes: You son is at no risk. It is good for both the boy and grandmother.
Answered on Sep 13, 2016
1
Dr. Ratna Dhingra
43 years experience Pediatrics
Yes but risk for her: She is immunosuppressed so she is getting exposed to your son's germs so she may pick up infections from him.
Answered on Sep 27, 2017
1
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
35 years experience Pediatrics
Its ok: You don't 'catch' bone cancer by kissing and hugging, doesn't work that way, let grandma enjoy her grandson without your worrying, this is a good thing, relax !
Answered on Sep 13, 2016
1