I am taking Buspar (buspirone) and Brintellix...is this combination safe. I just read where I should not be taking Prozac with Brintellix.

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
48 years experience in Addiction Medicine
Same issues: It is NOT true that you cannot take two drugs that act on the serotonin system at the same time, only that you have to be CAREFUL, and that the dose of both drugs should be on the lower side, and they should be raised more slowly by lower increments. Also, you should be on lookout for symptoms of serotonin syndrome - anxiety, agitation, tremor. Talk to your doctor/pharmacist for better advice.
Answered on Jul 2, 2018
1