My 14 mo. Old has 4 small boils on arm and legs They look like spider bites but I know they arent. How can doc check for msra? 102 fever 1 week ago.

45 years experience in Pediatrics
Assume they are: I seldom went to the added expense of sending a sample to the lab. The frequency of MRSA in small to large abscesses exceeds 60-70% in outpatients. It is not the new bogeyman,although you wouldn't know it from all the news stories. There are multiple meds that easily kill the germ.Big ones often need to be drained to heal. Fever a week ago is probably unrelated.
Answered on Sep 2, 2016