U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old male asked:

I use clothes and throw it away after few months rather than washing. i know this is costing me a lot but cannot stop. doctor unable to assess. help!

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 35 years experience
Recycle: One can buy cheap clothes, and then donate them to Goodwill. Other people will buy and enjoy the "almost new" clothes. It's a way to recycle clothes and help the community at the same time. It one wants to actually treat the Obsessive-Compulsive problem, one likely will need talk therapy and psychiatric medications. One's primary care doctor is a good place to start and get referred to psychiatry.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 25, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.