my fasting glucose level is 86 (70-110) and fasting insulin level is 0.96 (1-25). i use metformin already for pcos. do i have diabetes now? thanks.

Dr. Nisha Chellam
Insulin Resistance: PCOS is an early sign of insulin resistance. The change should be in your lifestyle. Metformin is only a temporary fix. Change your lifestyle with good nutrition(plants) and exercise and the PCOS will resolve. You do not have diabetes now but you are at risk due to history of PCOS. Further vitamin B12 is low with metformin use and other problems ensue. So take care of lifestyle and it will change.
Answered on Aug 14, 2016