U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Dayton, OH
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have quite a few swollen lymph nodes. i've had normal cbc and ultrasounds and now been referred to an ent. what will they do?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
Biopsy?: If usual tests and imaging has nor revealed the cause of lymph node enlargement, the usual next step is to remove one of the nodes and have the tissue examined by a pathologist. Wish you good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.