My six years old had a swollen neck lymph nodes since September. Doc said he had a viral infection. It's smaller now but it's still palpable. He did a CBC and it came back normal. Is this okay? His doctor said if it's not gone by the end of the month, we

Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience in Pediatrics
Lymph nodes: Your doctor is correct in telling you that the nodes are due to a viral infection. Sometimes the nodes regress slowly and may take 6 months or loner to fisappear. Occasionly applying warm compresses to your child's neck msy hasten the process of shrinking the nodes. This is abenign condition and there is no need to panic
Answered on Nov 17, 2014
1