U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old male asked:

I am a klinefelter patient is there any chance for me to father my own baby?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
Unlikely: You can best get good individualized answers from a urologist or fertility specialist. Since the syndrome interferes with your hormonal balance, fertility is usually markedly impaired with alteration in sperm making capability. A workup could provide you with that answer and guidance on how to be a parent using assisted means.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 9, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.