Hudson, OH

My doctor has me on doxycycline and cefixime simultaneously to treat lyme disease. much literature and theory suggests that lactams combined with bacteriostatic tetracyclines are antagonistic. is this true for the lyme spirochetes?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
No drug interaction: There is no drug interaction with these 2, There may only be a need for one of these. This depends on the criteria that are used to make the diagnosis. This is the information we need to advise the herapy. You can discuss this with your physician.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
Find a better Dr: You neglected to mention any rationale for this combination. You also failed to define your stage of "Lyme" disease. It matters. Erythema migrans? How was diagnosis made? There are many unfortunate people taking useless antibiotics and herbs for an erroneous diagnosis of "Lyme" disease who actually have something else. Combinations of antibiotics, sometimes a very good idea, are suspicious of char

Last updated Nov 27, 2017