i have back pain and prescribed 1 50 mg tramadol before bed, but it doesn't put a dent in the pain. can i take them every so many hours at nite?

Dr. Kelenne Tuitt
Tramadol: Tramadol can be taken several ways. You can take 1 tab every 4-6 hrs or you can take 2 tabs at once to see if it will help your pain. I would try your best not to over use the medication as you will run out too soon and your physician may not give you a refill. Please talk to your perscribing physican so that they are aware that your pain is not well controlled with your current prescription.
Answered on Jun 14, 2016