So yesterday and today ive been haveing trouble breathing doc yesterday said it was anxiety i keep taking deep breaths my nose is stuffed up she listened to lungs when i breath throuh my nose i talk

9 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Anxiety: Anxiety may cause shortness of breath but this is characterized by no significant breathing symptoms with activity but the shortness of breath sensation is more apt to occur at rest with tendency to take sighing type of deep breaths often. If this is your pattern, stress management and meditation therapy would help. Referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist is recommended.

Answered 6/9/2016

1.2k views

Dr. Bernard Seif answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

Anxiety and self-: consciousness about automatic bodily processes can temporarily interfere w/them. Please see your doc to rule out medical conditions. Yawning is similar to deep breathing in that both create a larger intake of oxygen. A clinical psychologist can help w/stress management. Peace and good health. Belly breathing done in yoga or qigong can help. Talk w/someone who does that for help. Don't strain

Answered 11/28/2017

1.2k views