Turning 21 this weekend! On Lexapro (escitalopram), (escitalopram) can I have any alcohol at all? Will having one drink severely affect me? I take Lexapro (escitalopram) for anxiety and migraine.

Dr. David Hoffman
20 years experience in Clinical Psychology
Likely not but...: Not an MD, but have had patients with these sorts of questions. In a healthy individual only taking Lexapro, (escitalopram) no history or signs of liver disease, it is extremely unlikely that one alcoholic drink would cause problems for you. That said, for some people it is difficult to stick to just one drink. No matter what for your health and peace of mind ask your prescribing MD for conclusive answer.
Answered on Sep 11, 2017
1