NJ

I've had stomach pain above my belly button after finishing 2 rounds of xifaxan (rifaximin) for sibo..what could be causing this pain?

Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Gastroenterology 37 years experience
SIBO? YOU SURE?: Sibo? Are you sure? It seems to be over-diagnosed currently...Was there any objective evidence for this or was it done as a trial? The latter is ok but it is important to undersand the premise of the therapy. As to the abdominal pain above umbilicus - do you have a small hernia? Please be seen by someone who will examine you (not order a ct scan...).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 14, 2016