recently diagnosed with gonorrhea this month and me and my partner got treated she was clean . how long can the std be in my body before i realise ?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
It depends: Gonorrhea in chronic form, that is without overt symptoms, can exist in females for a significant period of time. Chlamydia is best known for this action, but Gonorrhea can also do the same. Make sure that you get re-tested after completing the appropriate antibiotic treatment to be certain that the treatment was effective BEFORE you begin again any at risk sexual behavior.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017