Douglass, PA

I sprained my ankle 2 mos. ago and there is still slight pain a little swelling in the achilles tendon. any guesses how much longer it'll take to heal?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 44 years experience
Not healed...: As ankle sprains can come in varying degrees of severity, from very mild to very extreme, it is hard to tell just how long it will take you ankle to totally heel. More concerning, is that you are having some issues with your Achilles tendon. Your tendon may be showing signs of an early tendinitis, due to the change in tendon function. This change could be secondary to the unresolved ankle injury.

Last updated May 28, 2016