U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I am 48 i have a fibroids that's 2inches. my uteruse is 8.1 cm my endometrium is 1.1 cm. i have 1 cyst on my right ovary. i'd this concerning?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Fibroid symptoms?: If are having symptoms from your fibroids such as pain, profuse or irregular bleeding or your uterus grows to greater than 12 weeks size (12 cms.) then you may have to consider a medical or surgical intervention. Unless and until that occurs, continue to see your GYN MD who will follow you every 6 months or so to determine if there is any uterine growth or symptoms.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 5, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.