Elkins, Arkansas

I was born with a mole on my head, i was told. i have no idea where.i have long, thick, dark hair, and am female.is mole likely to turn into melanoma?

Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Statistically most: moles do not become melanoma. However, it should be checked periodically by you and by your doctor and/or a dermatologist. Certainly if you notice it changing, once you figure out where it is, you should definitely have it looked at.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Having your doc find it and look at it once a year is usually all you need to keep track in such a difficult location.
Apr 2, 2016
Last updated Nov 28, 2017