Fort Worth, TX

Dr gave me choice of qvar since dulera (formoterol and mometasone) made dizzy. qvar has made me feel worse, tingly and panicky. is this possible? should go back to dulera (formoterol and mometasone)?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Call doctor again: Perhaps the bronchodilator in Dulera (formoterol and mometasone) was making you feel bad. Sometimes using a device with higher cortisone dose but instead of taking 2 puffs each time, a single puff will give you the same amount of cortisone but only 1/2 dose of the bronchodilator. There are other options too and you may consider seeing an allergist if your doctor can't help you.

Last updated Mar 25, 2016