AR

My cbc was 15.1 wbc and 12.00 mpv. last years wbc was 9.1 and mpv was 8.4 i have smoked for 9 years but the change concerns me. no meds, no infections

Dr. Yun Tran
Dr. Yun Trananswered
Why did you test?: Why did you get blood count test done? If you don‘t have any symptoms and you just have this test as a "routine", this is precisely the problem you get: worry about nothing. It is not recommended to just do a blood count test as part of check up when there is no problem. Smoking is not indication for the test. Ask your doctor what to do next, but I personally wouldn‘t worry about it. Quit smoking.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 17, 2017