New York, NY

how long after acl reconstruction (patellar autograft) with medial meniscus repair and lateral meniscectomy can one start taking anti-inflammatories?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Varies: Surgeons vary on their opinion about this, so you would probably want to check with your individual surgeon. The general idea is that the healing process of the bone plug on your graft includes an inflammatory stage for the first 4 weeks or so that could be potentially inhibited by taking an antiinflammatory.
Dr. Bernard Bach Jr
Orthopedic Surgery 42 years experience
One week postop.: Generally speaking, one week after surgery is ok, assuming there are no blood thinner issues.
Dr. Mark Hutchinson
Orthopedic Surgery 34 years experience
Dr Bach is the greatest but I tend to avoid Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories for 4-6 weeks if I can as they can slow bone healing
Feb 20, 2016